Message from our Fire Chief Daryl L. Osby
Thank you for your interest in joining this noble and rewarding profession as a member of our firefighting ranks. Los Angeles County firefighters enjoy an internationally renowned reputation for being the best. Each day in communities across Los Angeles County, they provide a lifesaving service. When not responding to emergencies, our firefighters serve and support their communities in other helpful ways. I have served as a member of our Department for over 30 years. Now as Fire Chief, I am proud to lead such a dedicated team of emergency responders and business professionals. Join our team!
Get the edge you need by taking the CPAT first.
In order to submit your application to the County of Los Angeles, you will need to have a current and valid Candidate Physical Ability Test, or CPAT. CPAT certification is valid for 12 months from the effective date. We do not accept the Biddle Ability Test in place of the CPAT. We will accept a CPAT certificate from out of state as long as it was obtained from a facility or organization that is licensed by the International Association of Fire Fighters.
- Find CPAT centers in California www.cpatonline.org
- Verify out of state certificates www.iaff.org/HS/Well/statelist.htm
- Watch CPAT Orientation Video
- Workout Guide
- Complete an Interest Card – NEW
- A Firefighter’s Day – NEW
- Application Details – NEW
- Approved EMT Programs – NEW
- Go to LA County HR website.
- Fire Department Recruitment Contact Information
Call us 310-419-2115 or email RecruitmentUnit@fire.lacounty.gov