by Pearl Castillo
Rep. Grace Napolitano hosted her second annual Prayer Breakfast on Nov. 10 for public safety personnel that serve in the 32nd Congressional District. The event was held at the City of Hope Hospital-Cooper Auditorium in Duarte.
Among the attendees were representatives of 13 cities in the 32nd Congressional District and the fire, police and military honorees.
Fire Chief Daryl Osby thanked and recognized Napolitano on behalf of the Fire Department.
The East Regional Operations Bureau is home to 10 of the congresswoman’s 13 cities, which gave Divisions 2, 8 and 9 the opportunity to represent the East Region by honoring the firefighters.
The following firefighters received special recognition:
- Fire Fighter Paramedic Mitch Orsatt, Fire Station 32
- Fire Captain Matt Boyan, Fire Station 29
- Fire Captain Kurt Kobler, Fire Station 154
- Fire Captain Dan Engkraf, Fire Station 44
- Fire Captain Art Jimenez, Fire Station 166
- Fire Captain Matt Boyan, Fire Station 129
- Fire Fighter Paramedic Jerry Tarango, Fire Station 151
- Fire Fighter Paramedic Brook Gage, Fire Station 118
- Fire Fighter Specialist Judson Kading, Fire Station 48
- Fire Captain Steven Cabrera, Fire Station 26
- Fire Fighter Paramedic Herbert Johnson, Fire Station 64