The National Weather Services has forecasted that an unseasonably warm heat wave will hit L.A. County starting Tuesday April, 29th and ending Thursday May, 1rst. Temperatures will reach into the 80’s in the coastal areas and hotter inland areas of L.A. County may reach triple digits.
Click Here for a list of Cooling Centers in L.A. County!!
The Los Angeles County Fire Department would like to remind the public to follow the following
Heat Safety Messages:
- Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated
- Avoid arduous work or athletics in the peak daytime hours when it is the hottest
- Wear plenty of sunscreen when outdoors for extended periods
- Avoid hot, enclosed places, such as cars. Never leave children or pets unattended in a car parked in the sun.
Steps to Take After Recognizing Heat-Induced Illness
- Call 911.
- Get the person out of the sun and into a cool area. An air-conditioned area is ideal, but moving someone into the shade will also help.
- Apply water to help the person cool off.
- Apply ice to the neck or armpits, where large blood vessels are close to the surface.
- Remove any heavy clothing.