The National Weather Service has issued a High Surf Advisory for Los Angeles County Beaches effective Tuesday 8/26 Through Friday 8/29. The forecast is calling for a SE swell from Hurricane Marie to bring waves to ALL L.A. County beaches in the 6-10ft range with sets for South facing beaches up to 15-18ft at best breaks. Please use caution while visiting the beach and always check in with a Lifeguard before ANY ocean activities.
We would like to remind the public to follow these critical safety messages to have a safe and enjoyable day at the beach!
- Always check in with a lifeguard before swimming in the ocean
- Always swim and surf near an open lifeguard station and never swim alone
- Stay off jetties and breakwalls during High Surf Advisories
- Never turn your back to the ocean when walking along the shoreline
- If in doubt of the large surf, do NOT go out!
For more information on Rip Currents click here
Watch News Coverage from ABC 7 on the Swell and Beach Safety: Here