On Wednesday, May 2, 2018, key personnel from the Los Angeles County Fire Department attended the 2018 LAX Air/Sea Disaster Drill and Marine Response Zone Plan Workshop with Local and Federal partners in order to exercise and improve the large scale, multi-agency response in the event of an aircraft crashing into the ocean offshore of Los Angeles County.
Los Angeles County Fire Department Chief Daryl Osby welcomed the skilled professionals as they set out to work together to finesse plans and strategies based on their collective expertise. “It is our responsibility to ensure that we have strong relationships with our partner-agencies who also protect the waterways and shorelines of California,” said Osby.
Agencies and companies involved in this collaborative effort included:
• Catalina Express
• Los Angeles County Lifeguard
• Los Angeles County Fire Department
• Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department
• Los Angeles World Airports
• Long Beach Fire Department
• Long Beach Police Department
• Los Angeles Port Police
• Los Angeles Police Department
• Lufthansa Airlines
• United States Coast Guard