Photo credit: Chris Miller, Los Angeles County Peace Officers’ Memorial.
by Pearl Castillo
The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department hosted its 48th annual Peace Officers’ Memorial Ceremony at the Eugene W. Biscailuz Regional Center Training Academy on Wednesday, May 24, 2017. Los Angeles County Fire Department’s Deputy Fire Chief William McCloud, Deputy Fire Chief John Todd, and Battalion Chief Trent Aronson attended the ceremony to pay their respects to fallen officers and show support for law enforcement.
A new memorial wall was built to accommodate the additional names of officers who have paid the ultimate sacrifice in the County. Six fallen heroes killed in the line of duty between 1917 and 2017 were added on Wednesday.
- Sergeant Steven C. Owen, Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department
- Sergeant Alfonso Lopez, Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department
- Officer Keith W. Boyer, Whittier Police Department
- Deputy Marshal Frederick F. Moore, Los Angeles County Marshal’s Office
- Deputy Arthur J. Solomon, Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department
- Constable Charles W. Winston, Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department